Author Topic: Silvertron Lures......................  (Read 3930 times)

Offline stonesfan

• Executive Member
Silvertron Lures......................
« on: June 18, 2013, 08:52:46 AM »
With Salmon Fishing opening up on the River July 16th, I've started getting my " STUFF " together and noticed that I could use a few more Silvertron's!
I know they sell them at Vieira's Resort, but I was wondering if anyone has found an " On-Line " source? Thanks in advance for any help............ ::)

Stoney \__/2

Offline Mr Ed

Re: Silvertron Lures......................
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2013, 12:52:18 PM »
I bought the blades in the sporting goods store in Colusa a few years back.................
bring some $$$.

Built single and double blade spinners.  Got one 24 pounder to Rogers or Ric's boat a few years ago near Lovey's
near  "Robert's Hole" and they did a great net job.   Green was the color that day with silver blades.

« Last Edit: June 18, 2013, 01:12:40 PM by Mr Ed »

Offline luckylundy

« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2013, 01:01:22 PM »
Hi Stoney,
Delta bait and tackle in Manteca,  At $6.99 each that is the best price I could find.  On orders over $50.00 you get free shipping. Gotta have silvertrons or you won't feel lucky.  Now we just gotta hope this darn wind lets up before next mouth.
Dan,

Offline stonesfan

• Executive Member
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2013, 01:12:27 PM »
ED, that Salmon was only 24lbs! Looks bigger than that...................................................................... ???

Stoney \__/2

Offline Mr Ed

« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2013, 01:19:20 PM »
Maybe 30 ? 

Sorry but I can't remember all of them..............
They all look and smell the same. 
I do remember one that Freon got when he anchored next to me and was off to the races, going way down stream as
many were headed out, from the fest and parked off the road and watched the fun below !!

Offline SuperDave

• Executive Member
« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2013, 01:19:38 PM »
ED, that Salmon was only 24lbs! Looks bigger than that...................................................................... ???

Stoney \__/2
That's just because it's been a long time Stoney. 
2006 Dodge 3500, 2007 Eagle Cap 850, 2003 Jetcraft SK 2125

Offline stonesfan

• Executive Member
« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2013, 01:26:59 PM »
You got that right Dave.............................................................................................. :'(

Stoney \__/2

Offline twoelk48

« Reply #8 on: June 18, 2013, 04:56:24 PM »
      Check out the web site Trinidad Tackle Company that NicK Britto (831) 238-0451 recently took on.  NicK purchased  the interest of and is making premium Trinidad Tackle Big River Spinners and has 42 color combinations available or you can call him and submit a special request.  I can personally guarantee that these spinners are every bit as good as any Silvertron and Nicks spinners start at $5.25 .  In addition Nick has a great selection of bait heads used to thread anchovies and herring plus a very nice selection of flashers.  Nick has over 20 years experience fishing for salmon as his dad was a commercial fisherman.  Kent
« Last Edit: June 18, 2013, 05:40:16 PM by twoelk48 »

Online Mickey T

• Global Moderator
  • Executive Member
« Reply #9 on: June 18, 2013, 05:48:56 PM »
Nick's a great guy too, hope he post here sometime, I know he knows about us ;)

I'd rather be Salmon fishing!!!

Offline SuperDave

• Executive Member
« Reply #10 on: June 18, 2013, 07:09:44 PM »
Stoney,

Don't be afraid to get creative.  Last year I bought some I thought had potential and set about SuperDaving them.

2006 Dodge 3500, 2007 Eagle Cap 850, 2003 Jetcraft SK 2125

Offline scnt junky

« Reply #11 on: June 18, 2013, 08:58:36 PM »
I make my own spinners but have been looking to buy the blades Where do you buy the silvertron blades  :D

Online Ron

• Administrator
« Reply #12 on: June 18, 2013, 09:28:31 PM »
I make my own spinners but have been looking to buy the blades Where do you buy the silvertron blades  :D

Fisherman's Warehouse carries the blades.

Online Kokanee Commander

• Trinidad Tackle Company
« Reply #13 on: June 19, 2013, 04:05:51 AM »
Found you guys a few weeks ago. With the new baby and the business hard to find time. As far as the spinners we have quite the selection. I will also do custom spinners just give a call. Nick

Offline scnt junky

« Reply #14 on: June 19, 2013, 05:06:19 AM »
Thanks Ron  8) ::)

Online Mickey T

• Global Moderator
  • Executive Member
« Reply #15 on: June 19, 2013, 07:38:41 AM »
Found you guys a few weeks ago. With the new baby and the business hard to find time. As far as the spinners we have quite the selection. I will also do custom spinners just give a call. Nick
Thanks to you too Nick, and welcome to the boards you'll find this a friendly place and I know you've been out there slamming Salmon, let us hear about it Buddy ;)

I'd rather be Salmon fishing!!!

Offline MMDon

• Global Moderator
  • Executive Member
« Reply #16 on: June 19, 2013, 04:53:27 PM »
Nice having you aboard Nick! ::)

Offline scnt junky

« Reply #18 on: June 20, 2013, 05:29:49 AM »
Agreed the blades are $6 for 2 blades the lures I make look like yours DImpala95 I like the skirt effect was going to make some of those up this year is it difficult to keep the skirts in place? I have a twist tech wire former
Thanks  /!

Offline stonesfan

• Executive Member
« Reply #19 on: June 20, 2013, 05:42:59 AM »
Some Good looking Blades right there! Some Great Looking Chrome.................................................................... :D

Stoney \__/2

Offline Ironhead

• Mag Tackle
« Reply #20 on: June 20, 2013, 08:13:38 AM »
Here is a couple I threw together before one of my trips last year.  Couple of blades and some tape...  Good to go...  Stoney, you can do it   

Offline stonesfan

• Executive Member
« Reply #21 on: June 20, 2013, 08:34:55 AM »
Nice Greg! Thanks for the inspiration .......................................................... ::)

Stoney

\__/2

Hey, what's going on!  I'm stuck in reverse.................................

Offline SteveM

« Reply #22 on: June 20, 2013, 09:16:17 AM »
Stoney thats called back trolling. :-\

Offline larrys limit

« Reply #23 on: June 20, 2013, 12:55:23 PM »
Nice blades guys, I used to make Colorado Spinners, inline spinners, for next to nothing when I had three
boys to keep in tackle actually fun.  Also nice to catch fish on something you make.

Larry

Offline Dimpala95

• Global Moderator
« Reply #24 on: June 21, 2013, 09:42:31 AM »
Agreed the blades are $6 for 2 blades the lures I make look like yours DImpala95 I like the skirt effect was going to make some of those up this year is it difficult to keep the skirts in place? I have a twist tech wire former
Thanks  /!

It's not hard keeping the skirt material in place at all. All you need is some "skirt tubing" or even some surgical tubing. I thread the skirt material through the hook eye hole then slide the tubing down over the skirt material/hook shaft thus locking it in place. Here's a tip, place some spit on the skirt material before sliding the tubing down. The spit lubricates the skirt material and the tubing slides much easier.

One thing I never understood is why does everyone mimic Silvertron and make their hooks semi rigid to the spinner shaft? I leave them free and have never had problems with blades hitting the hook. I don't see a higher hook up ratio with the semi rigid hook so why do it, it's just extra work for nothing.
Please keep oversized sturgeon in the water

Don Leitao