Author Topic: greenpeter and fishwithgary  (Read 312 times)

Online dragonfly

greenpeter and fishwithgary
« on: July 21, 2013, 05:29:30 PM »

I have met  Gary several times at the Oregon sportsman's shows and purchased dodger set ups from him and never caught a fish with them so I saw him this year and asked why I was having problems with his product. so he took the time to go over how I was using them and told me how to correctly use his dodgers and lures, he recently he came out with a reverse dodger and offered to up date mine. then  he asked where I fished and gave me a white with purple ovals dodger and matching lure to try. so I finally got to greenpeter this year and every one knows pink is the go to color here and for curiosity I put the white setup on one of the wife's poles and sent it down 65' and started on the others when she yells fish on well this went on for 18 more times and I was getting tired of hearing 'fish on'  O:-( the white one was the only one from Gary so after trying old faithful's and a few I made  I switched and tried white dodgers,  sling blades with white spinner beads and they caught fish but nothing like Gary's. the fishing was hot and we ended up with 2 limits. they were deep 65' to 90' and averaged 11 1/2'' to 12 1/2'' and one female not quite 14'' so I will be calling Gary Monday and see if I can get more by Friday. we will be there  Friday after noon to Sunday to try our luck again. this time I won't forget the camera. dfly

the more I fish the luckier I get

Offline BigMike

• "Every man dies, but not every man lives"
  • Beer, Fishing and the Giants what else is there?
Re: greenpeter and fishwithgary
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2013, 06:55:36 PM »
DF,
  Myself and KuKu4KoKes will be heading to Green Peter in a couple weeks for the first time. I'm looking forward to the numbers of Kokes people talk about. Wish me luck!

BigMike
2014 Gorge- OMG is it time to go back yet? Hooked For Life!

Online dragonfly

Re: greenpeter and fishwithgary
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2013, 08:31:04 PM »
mike you shouldn't be disappointed it has been the best I have ever seen we will be up there next weekend and aug 9 10 11. if you have never been here I would use the witcomb ramp go out and make a left you will be marking fish right away so drop your downriggers continue out the mouth get in the channel and make a left head towards the island a lot of fish are caught between the island and the floating bathrooms I troll deep for the bigger ones and stay in the main channel and continue past the island and mark schools with the chart plotter to try to hit on the way back. a word of caution the lake is deep but when working around the points it gets shallow quick so watch your sounder also the wind picks up around 11-11:30 and will blow you into the banks if you are not watching also the water can be real ruff the other reason I stay in the channel when it gets to bad I go back up the whitcomb arm out of the wind and fish or get lunch and go back out about 4-5:00 or earlier if the wind dies down you can also fish down towords the dam but it seams this time of year the fish are up river but like any thing else the fish are where you find them   here's a topo of greenpeter showing the channels http://aol.geos.pdx.edu/?minx=775854.6875&miny=989452.25&maxx=821380.125&maxy=1021887.25 if you have any more questions  let me know good luck. dfly

the more I fish the luckier I get