Author Topic: HEAT  (Read 2663 times)

Online mooch

Re: HEAT
« Reply #25 on: June 29, 2013, 06:40:39 AM »
Bduck, I heard the forecast is for humidity to shoot up in a day or two. Holly, I'm glad somebody enjoys this weather. Me, I'm getting out of Dodge! Headed for the coast for some natural A/C!

Offline Lone Angler

« Reply #26 on: June 29, 2013, 08:39:22 AM »
With 100 degree weather here in Reno, fishing the Truckee river is out of the question !!

Some even have the gall to ask "How's the fishing" ?..................as they float over your line and
raising a cold Beer to their lips.

Ed; That is when I have fun with them.  When they ask, I tell then it has been great-I already caught 3 tubers, 4 rafters and lost a nice kayak!! :)

Offline stonesfan

• Executive Member
« Reply #27 on: June 29, 2013, 09:01:31 AM »
In High temps like this it's omportant to hydrate.

I'm just sayin'.

CC

I don't often drink Beer, but when I do, I drink Rolling Rock, St. Paulie Girl, or Nevada IPA....................................Stay Thirsty my Friends................... 8)

Stoney \__/2

Offline JohnBfishin

• Global Moderator
  • Executive Member
« Reply #28 on: June 29, 2013, 09:44:48 AM »
Water for me till 2:30 then a margarita by 3:15....I have a schedule to keep!

Offline JohnBfishin

• Global Moderator
  • Executive Member
« Reply #29 on: June 29, 2013, 01:33:33 PM »
 Well for a change I am ahead of schedule... Cheers! :)

Offline Bduck

« Reply #30 on: June 30, 2013, 06:40:22 AM »
We are tying and/or breaking records over here with this heat.  O:-( The month of June became the driest here with just a trace of rain. Record heat just keeps coming. A house with a basement has the coolest retreat built in.  :-\   

http://local.msn.com/WeatherArticle.aspx?cp-documentid=258747333&ocid=ansloc11

Today is another good day for a case of hydration.

[img][/img]
Harrisville, Utah

Offline stonesfan

• Executive Member
« Reply #31 on: June 30, 2013, 07:01:25 AM »
CHUG-A-LUG............................................................................... ::)

Stoney

Online Nevadablue

• Executive Member
« Reply #32 on: June 30, 2013, 07:13:06 AM »
Here in Northern Nevada we are in for a week of triple digits but after that it gets back to normal.  Remember to stay hydrated, be considerate of your pets and before we know it temps will be quite nice.  An ice cold Blue moon sounds good to me!  Hey it's noon somewhere! :-\ :)
I'd rather be fishing in Mexico!

Online Mickey T

• Global Moderator
  • Executive Member
« Reply #33 on: June 30, 2013, 08:26:18 AM »
Water, water, and more water, drink it and stay out of the heat if you can. 108 is forecast for Cameron Park, if I ain't in the pool I'll be in the house, already spend 2 hours in my boat prepping it for the Gorge this morning, heat chased me inside already :( Be safe you guys, dehydration is nothing to fool with. :o

I'd rather be Salmon fishing!!!

Offline Bduck

« Reply #34 on: June 30, 2013, 08:36:05 AM »
CHUG-A-LUG............................................................................... ::)

Stoney

Its more like CHUG-A-MUG   8)
Harrisville, Utah

Offline Rusty Hooks

• Global Moderator
  • Executive Member
« Reply #35 on: June 30, 2013, 08:54:24 AM »
If you keep your boat outside...in this heat...take a small portion of the cover off to relieve the heat buildup in the cabin....electronics don't like it....things melt...and the heat will exceed the heat outside substatially

Offline Paytenspapa

• Green Grass and High Tides
« Reply #36 on: June 30, 2013, 09:31:31 AM »
98degs in Pleasant Valley yesterday, going to hit 100degs today!

Left this Soda in my truck, found it like this this morning ... ???

:(
19.5 White North River, Honda 90, Cannon down riggers, sitting on channel 69 VHF

Offline JohnBfishin

• Global Moderator
  • Executive Member
« Reply #37 on: June 30, 2013, 10:07:20 AM »
Wow! They just don't make cans like they used to. ;)
I can imagine the mess it made. I've had a lighter on the dash board blow, cracked the windshield!

Offline Fishnmike_2002

« Reply #38 on: June 30, 2013, 12:05:12 PM »
The bay is the place to be, It was sunny, 70 and light winds all day yesterday out there.  If it wasn't such a long drive I would be out there again today.

Offline Bduck

« Reply #39 on: June 30, 2013, 02:31:44 PM »
Harrisville, Utah

Offline BASNFAN

« Reply #40 on: June 30, 2013, 08:07:49 PM »
Thank heavens we usually have heat like this for only 10 to 12 days a year.  The rest of the time, the marine layer and delta breezes keep us compfy.  We live in an old house (100 years old this year) and do not have air conditioning.  We tend to suffer when the delta breezed shut down - like last night when I went to bed upstairs, our room was still 92 at 11 PM.  This AM it had dropped to 86.  Thank heavens for fans!

Online mooch

« Reply #41 on: June 30, 2013, 08:15:10 PM »
The bay is the place to be, It was sunny, 70 and light winds all day yesterday out there.  If it wasn't such a long drive I would be out there again today.

I was there yesterday. It was a picture perfect day and night. Didn't want to return but had to.

The only thing that makes this somewhat bearable is that it cools a bit in the evening and the attic fan keeps the house cool through most of the night and early AM. LOVE THAT ATTIC FAN!!!

Offline JohnBfishin

• Global Moderator
  • Executive Member
« Reply #42 on: June 30, 2013, 08:54:07 PM »
I grew up in Auburn/Meadow Vista, what I miss the most is the warm summer nights when you can sit outside in shorts well into the night. Those are rare in the Bay, last night was one of those nights. Tonight I have a flannel shirt on sitting outside while I type this.
Of course the other thing I miss is the proximity to a vast amount of fishing, but the Auburn I grew up in doesn't exist anymore. ;)

Offline stonesfan

• Executive Member
« Reply #43 on: July 01, 2013, 05:44:25 AM »
Have they finally added a Traffic Light................................................................................................. ;D

Stoney

Offline JohnBfishin

• Global Moderator
  • Executive Member
« Reply #44 on: July 01, 2013, 06:03:21 AM »
Have they finally added a Traffic Light................................................................................................. ;D

Stoney

Just a few, and stop signs! Every time I drive through there it's like where the heck did that come from! ;)
« Last Edit: July 01, 2013, 06:05:46 AM by JohnBfishin »

Online Mickey T

• Global Moderator
  • Executive Member
« Reply #45 on: July 01, 2013, 06:08:20 AM »
Supposed to be hotter today!!!!! stay safe if you're out, keep drinking fluids O:-( O:-( O:-( O:-( :o

I'd rather be Salmon fishing!!!

Offline Topaz_Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Executive Member
  • Go Mighty Giants!!!!
« Reply #46 on: July 01, 2013, 07:32:21 AM »
It's already 87 degrees before 8:30 here.  Went to Topaz to cool off yesterday, it was hard to find a spot to get in the water.   :-\ :-<

Online TC

• Global Moderator
« Reply #47 on: July 01, 2013, 07:39:22 AM »
Supposed to be 97° in Portland today, not the 100's like you guy's are seeing but mighty hot for Portland.  Like the guy say's on the Insurance Commercial,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, Like a Sauna!

:-\

Tom

As You Get Older, Your Inner Life Undergoes a Great And Wonderful Simplification - Everything Pisses You Off!

Offline trollin olin

« Reply #48 on: July 01, 2013, 08:24:52 AM »
It gets better everyday here John, all the new stores that are coming, just perfect, Wallymart, Costco all the stores the bay area people up couldn't live without. :(

Stoney

Just a few, and stop signs! Every time I drive through there it's like where the heck did that come from! ;)

Offline TS

« Reply #49 on: July 01, 2013, 09:21:37 AM »
Did my normal 5 mile walk this morning but started an hour later than I normally do which is 6:30.  That late start sure made a difference in the heat.....hot and muggy out there.

TS